Friday, November 9, 2012

Taiwan; Reflection

Taiwan was, in ways, what I expected, in others, I was completely caught off guard. From staying in a temple the first night to performing at the national Taiwanese Independence day celebration (10/ 10) in Taipei, Taiwan was nothing short of spectacular.

The first week was very challenging for me. Being my first time out of my own country, I was overwhelmed by a culture that was so completely unfamiliar.
Culture shock for me was when I was so overwhelmed by my experiences that I didn't know how to process it.

After a few days, I decided I wanted to just experience Taiwan, and I stopped trying to process everything as I was experiencing it. After all, it's not every day you're in Taiwan with a traveling performing arts and community impact organization. Experience now, process later.

After I made this decision, I was all in (after recovering from jet lag of course). We had the opportunity to meet the president, work at the school for the blind, and visit more temples than I could have imagined.

Now, looking back to my time in Taiwan, the one thing that sticks out is all the people I got the chance to connect with. To the host families who invited me not only into their homes but their hearts. To the friendships that started, that grew, or that endured. To the audiences that gave so much during our shows.
Thank you.

I am truly blessed!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment